1748011 Members
4712 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Display & mouse problem with Fedora on compaq proliant 1600

Aakash Ahuja
Occasional Advisor

Display & mouse problem with Fedora on compaq proliant 1600

Hi... i have a compaq proliant 1600 server with the below config.

Pii 350, 256 mb ram, 9.1*4 hdd on raid 5 using smart 2dh raid controller, cirrus logic gd544x display card (on board), logitech keyboard & mouse

firstly when i try to install fedora 4 ... the display goes bad after annaconda runs the xserver. it all breaks & i cannot proceed. on the same box i managed to install fedora 2 and all was ok till i log in...after i log-in to gnome the mouse stops working...the keyboard works...and the pc is ok. the mouse works on the log-in screen...but freezes as soon as i log-in.

i have tried to change the mouse to a nother ps2 & also a serial one...but same result.

kindly advise.
4 REPLIES 4
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

If you want to use FC4, try installing the system in text mode. FC4 has problems with serial mouse.

Use the system-config-mouse in FC2 to try a different mouse configuration. I had problems with mouse in X if the gpm service was enabled, try disabling the gpm service:

chkconfig gpm off
service gpm stop
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Aakash Ahuja
Occasional Advisor

Hi...thanks for the reply but i do not have the gmp service installed...how do i change the mouse config...if u could advise. also what do i do about the display...the best i get is 800*600 i want 1024*768
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Use:

system-config-mouse
system-config-display

To change mouse and display configuration. The resolution is almost always given by the monitor type, so, try changing your monitor type.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Aakash Ahuja
Occasional Advisor

hi...r these files...where do i find them...?