1748060 Members
5784 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Display problems with RedHat 8.0

evanlong

Display problems with RedHat 8.0

Hello,
I have a Compaq Evo N610c laptop and I just installed RedHat Linux 8.0 as a second OS. I am having problems getting the display to look correct...it is quite blurry on any monitor I use(either internal panel or external). I tried configuring the monitor in the display setting but I am having no luck whatsoever. The display looks fine in Windows 2000 and when Linux is loading but is unreadable in the X server. Any suggestions?
Thank you, EL.
2 REPLIES 2
Bruce Copeland
Trusted Contributor

Re: Display problems with RedHat 8.0

You might look at

http://www.brokedown.net/~squash2/n600c.html

Compare your /etc/X11/XF86Config file with the one posted there. Maybe even try using the posted XF86Config file.

Bruce
Tom James

Re: Display problems with RedHat 8.0

I am probably having the same problem. The screen is stable, fills the screen, the buttons in the right place, but it looks there is something unseen that is aliasing with the fonts, buttons, windows, etc. It is very sharp and precise. For instance, the Redhat logo in the upper left of the installation screens seems to have single pixel, vertical white and black stripes running through it every 10 pixels or so. I don't think it is display timing. I haven't finished the install yet but I think there is a common problem here.