7870 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Distorted Video

Blake Stetler
Occasional Contributor

Distorted Video

Hi, I am trying to disable the ProSavageDDR 8
on board video on my HP Pavilion 523n because it is conflicting with my PNY Geforce4 Ti4600 card. I have disabled on board video many times on different machines, but am having much trouble
with this one. I have tested the geforce card and used it before and it
is working properly. I have disabled the on board video in windows device manager, and tried both XP and ME and have had no luck. I have
installed the Geforce 4 drivers (Detonator and reference) and have had no luck after restarting. When I boot up with the card in
place, I get distorted and overlapped text and weird pattern of dots. (HP knows of this, but offers no real solutions)
The colors are also different (blue and orange). I'm able to get into
safe mode WITH the card installed though. I looked on the motherboard
(FIC KM266) and noticed that there are three jumpers, one to clear the CMOS, one to change the FSB, and a third that does absolutley nothing. The only thing left to do is look in the bios, and no matter what I do,
it doesnt help. The bios has to little information and options for
video and agp settings. I have read about other peoples problems with this issues and their HP bios's have a simple disable/enable option. All ive got is a plugNplay yes/no; vga: agp/onboard or pci; and the size of the onboard video: 32mb(auto)/ 32mb/ 16mb/ 8mb. My bios(award 6.0) is useless, along with the HP support email. They told me I had to do soemthing with the motherboard jumpers and to give them a call, but I'd really like to skip that step because i know it will get me nowhere. I also have directx 8.1b and the latest VIA 4 in 1
drivers installed. I have even tried upgrading the ProSavage drivers
and than disabling it again, but no luck. I have been working on this for
three weeks now and its very VERY frustrating. I'm sorry if thats a little confusing, but ANY help would be much appreciated because I am about to lose my mind.

I've included a pic of my motherboard. The blue jumper all the way on the right is the FSB. The horizantal one on the left is to clear the cmos, and the vertical one is the unknown. It doesnt seem to do anything no matter what I do.