1752761 Members
5500 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Drivelock HDD and power-on password

Rosli

Drivelock HDD and power-on password

I encounter 2 problems once I turn-on my Compaq Presario 2800:
1.Error message "Drivelock HDD By Password ", once I enter "D" as the password the next message appears, that's "Power-on Password". I got stuck, I do not have the password. What shall I do to get the notebook running? For your information the unit has not been used for more than one year
2 REPLIES 2

You can try in this way...
When the hard disk password is set the same as the power-on password:
Remove the password by following the procedure below. This operation removes both the hard disk password and the power on password.
You must remove your password at the password prompt that appears when you turn on the computer. To remove the password, at the prompt: Enter your current password, press the Spacebar and then press Enter.
When the hard disk password and the power-on password are different, or a power-on password has not been
set:
1. Turn off the computer and wait at least 5 seconds: then turn it on.
2. If you have set the power-on password, type it; then press Enter.
3. When the hard disk password prompt appears, type your current password, press the Spacebar, and then press Enter.

Search on mother board manual where is the "clear cmos" and change jumper for few seconds. Then rechange jumper in initial point position. This restore Bios default

(Probabily The location of the Real-time clock (RTC) battery is shown on the system board illustration attachment)

CUNEYT_1

i have an problem like this
my notebook is nx9105 and when i try to make an drivelock password i type wrong and i can't use my drive how can i remove pass
i try your advice but it isn't work.
for info my laptop a new (3 or 4 month )
thanks for your time