108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ERROR ORA-00600

SOLVED
Go to solution
CHRIS ANORUO
Honored Contributor

ERROR ORA-00600

The situition is that I have one database in mts mode and the other is not, a distributed transaction consistently logs ora-00600 with the following attached (tailed alert log and trace files)
When We Seek To Discover The Best In Others, We Somehow Bring Out The Best In Ourselves.
2 REPLIES 2
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Re: ERROR ORA-00600

Hi there.
The problem is, that Oracle support does not hand out the explanation for the arguments in an ORA-00600. You have to open a TAR at Oracle support. I think, that you need some event entry in your init.ora file, but this is just a guess. Perhaps you can find some people in here, which have the ideas about the arguments of your ORA-00600.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Steve Slade
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: ERROR ORA-00600

Chris,

I notice from your logfile that you are running Oracle 8.0.5.2. We have just started using MTS in production, (under Oracle 8.0.6.2), and found a number of bugs to do with MTS under the 8.0.5.2 version. Our problems were primarily to do with a server running MTS initiating a distributed transaction via a procedural gateway. The problems we encountered were the reasons we upgraded to Oracle 8.0.6.2 - which was pretty painless. Also, we found that 8.0.5.2 is no longer fully supported by Oracle, so if you are suffering the effects from a bug, they will instruct you to upgrade to 8.0.6.2 before they will work on sending you a patch.

From memory, the problems we found were :

1. v$dblink view is not populated when links are open.
2 We did get some ora-600 error messages. This turned out to be that we had a non-enterprise version of 8.0.5.2. installed. MTS is only approved with the enterprise version.
3. There were some funnies reported with regards to the tnsnames entry. White space 'can' make it do funny things.?.? (The tnsnames parse processing is so crap I think it might have been somebody's cse computers project.)
4. There were instances where the shared servers were becoming dedicated. I believe that this was specific to our gateway - but I am not too sure.
If at first you do not succeed. Destroy all evidence that you even attempted.