1748251 Members
3820 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ES47 System Reboot

Emad Omar
Regular Advisor

ES47 System Reboot

I have multi reboot on a production Alpha Server ES47 with two drawers. Tru64 Unix V5.1B is installed on this server. Server has 4 CPUs with 16GB Memory(16x1GB RIMM). No RAID RIMM installed. I got the binary.errlog file and I analyzed but I'm so confused and I need to be sure what is the casue of this reboot. Find attached the log file.

Please help !
6 REPLIES 6
cnb
Honored Contributor

Re: ES47 System Reboot

It was a Machine Check that caused the reboot.

You need to get your hardware service provider involved. It is reporting severe memory errors on one of the modules (or possible CPU errors).

Rgds,
cnb
Honored Contributor

FWIW Having RAID RIMMs configured *might* be something to consider.

YMMV.

Rgds,

Emad Omar
Regular Advisor

Thank you!
But I need to ask if it is possible to remove the whole Memory Bank or CPU and keep server running on 3 CPUs instead of 4??
As you can see at log file that it could be two J7 & J11 RIMMs defect and as you mentioned that may be we have a CPU problem. So is possible to remove this Memory and/or CPU to diagnose the problem??

Please help!
Kapil Jha
Honored Contributor

why don't u rasie a case with HP and let them decide where its good to remove hardware or it can still sustain.

You can remove the hardware and it would work fine I suppose, but its good to let HP handle the hardware things and its its a real production box.

BR,
Kapil+
I am in this small bowl, I wane see the real world......
Emad Omar
Regular Advisor

Thank for all.
Indeed problem fixed by removing the defected RIMMs and replaced them with new ones.
Emad Omar
Regular Advisor

Problem fixed.