Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eloquence DB - Upgrade from 9.04 to 10.20 or 11.0

Volker Borowski
Honored Contributor

Eloquence DB - Upgrade from 9.04 to 10.20 or 11.0

Strange Request !

I need to upgrade a 9.04 System with an Eloquence Database to either 10.20 or 11.0.
Hardware is F-class.

Since I have an old G- or E- as a test-spare-box available, I'd like just to switch this Eloquence DB to the new box, and dump the F- afterwards, as I do not like to upgrade.

Never had to do with Eloquence...
Any comments about Eloquence welcome.

Volker
3 REPLIES
Helen French
Honored Contributor

Re: Eloquence DB - Upgrade from 9.04 to 10.20 or 11.0

Helen French
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Again, Check this site, it will defenitely help you:

http://www.hp-eloquence.com

HTH,
Shiju

Life is a promise, fulfill it!
Volker Borowski
Honored Contributor

Thanks so far Shiju,

I think I need a mixture between some general information, and some specifiv information.

I.e. I know databases quite well in general, so I think I'll Install the DB-Software according to an existing manual, that should be a piece of cake. May be install some sort of license...

But then I need to create a database and either copy the database or do something like export/import.

I need hints for
- getting the software version - swlist ?
- general path names
- how to identify a datafile
- what is "svrmgrl" in eloquence :-)
- creating / copying / migrating the database (exp / imp syntax)

Thanks a lot
Volker