8618 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Epson DFX-5000+

Ricardo_11
Occasional Advisor

Epson DFX-5000+

Hi Guys,
My Oracle Appl is running over a HP-UX 11.x. How can I configure my HP-UX to print on a Epson printer attached on a Win/98 or win/2000 workstation? I??m trying SAM to performe this operation. Can anybody please help me (step by step)?.
Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Scott Van Kalken
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Epson DFX-5000+

Ricardo,

you will need to get lpd running on your windows machine before this is possible.

There is a windows version of lpd (print server software) that will enable your HPUX machine to print to the windows machine.

I think it's on a resource kit, but I'm not sure.

I'm also not sure if it works under 98, but I do know it works on NT.

Not much help, because I'm not a windows person.

Scott.
Steve Steel
Honored Contributor

Hi

Read
http://forums1-it1.mayfield.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x21d25a3e6e0bd6118ff40090279cd0f9,00.html

Steve Steel
If you want truly to understand something, try to change it. (Kurt Lewin)
Ricardo_11
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for helping me. Scott. I??ve solved the problem with some Sanjay hand. We really have to add a service on Windows 2000 (network/properties/advanced/optional network components/other printers network) in order to enable unix machine to print in windows systems, after that I just need to use remote printes on SAM.
Ricardo_11
Occasional Advisor

Steeve, Thanks for your help, Unfortunately I couldn??t open the page you send me, however, like my last message said, I??ve already solved the problem.