6224 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Error in SCAN_GLOBALS_FOR_OPTION.COM

mitu
Occasional Visitor

Error in SCAN_GLOBALS_FOR_OPTION.COM

Hi,

I am facing issue in calling C method from java using jni in openvms. i am executing the JNI_EXAMPLE.COM which has given. I am getting error in SCAN_GLOBALS_FOR_OPTION.COM.

"%DCL-W-INVREDSYN, invalid redirection type specified in a pipe segment " This is the error.

GLOBAL_SYMBOL_OPTION.OPT is also misisng i am not able to find this file. May be because of this i am getting error.

Somebody can please  post the SCAN_GLOBALS_FOR_OPTION.COM file 

please tell me why .OPT file is misisng ?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
H.Becker
Honored Contributor

Re: Error in SCAN_GLOBALS_FOR_OPTION.COM

Which platform, which Java version?

Please enter a "$ set verify" before running the jni_example.com and extract a couple of lines around the "error", the DCL warning, and post it - if necessary, because sometime this immediately shows what is going wrong.

The missing GLOBAL_SYMBOL_OPTION.OPT is very likely caused by the "error" you are seeing.

There are a couple of known problems (see also http://labs.hoffmanlabs.com/node/890) with this command procedure and "recent" Java versions for VMS, but the "invalid redirection type" is not one of them. 

Wild guess (added): do you use angle brackets ("<>") to specify directories? 

One more edit: I had time to look at jni_example.com, "set verify" is not sufficient, to get the wanted output, you have to set the symbol  jni_verify to 1. On the other hand, if I do a "$ set def sys$disk:<>" I get the same INVREDSYN  "error" and no .OPT is produced.