3128 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Errors in database log file

nijusiraj
Frequent Advisor

Errors in database log file

Dear All,

We have Oracle 10g installed in HP-UX 11.31 and we got a mail from DB team that they are getting below error

Tue Aug 28 20:49:10 IST 2012

Errors in file /u01/oracle/product/admin/genconf/udump/genconf2_ora_12881.trc:

ORA-27045: unable to close the file

HPUX-ia64 Error: 70: Stale NFS file handle

Additional information: 3

Tue Aug 28 20:49:10 IST 2012

Errors in file /u01/oracle/product/admin/genconf/udump/genconf2_ora_12881.trc:

ORA-27045: unable to close the file

Additional information: 3

ORA-19501: read error on file "/oltp1_arch1/genconf/arch/log_7628d0a0_1_1462_765657634.arc", blockno 34817 (blocksize=1024)

ORA-27072: File I/O error

When they raised a case with Oracle they mentioned that " This is a media manager issue - please consult your media manager vendor for a resolution. ".

Kindly let me know which media manager he is mentioning and is there any problem related to Storage side.

Pls help me to identify this issue.

Many thanks,

nijusiraj.

4 REPLIES 4
Ken Grabowski
Respected Contributor

Your getting an NFS file system error in the database logs. I would assume, since we have no other information, that you have database files mounted accounts an NFS share.  The "stale" message suggests that your mount  points are no longer valid. Possibly you lost the NFS server at some point and never remounted your devices.  What's your syslog.log tell you? Can you do a bdf?  Check syslog.log first, if you have failed "hard" mounted NFS file systems, your bdf will hang until you reboot.

nijusiraj
Frequent Advisor

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply.

Kindly let me know is this error related to Storage since unix server is connected to XP24K. ? or else this error is only related to OS Side

Many Thanks,
nijusiraj
Ken Grabowski
Respected Contributor

Hi Nijusiraj,

You haven't given enough information to determine that.  From a Database application view, a NFS mount is storage.  The only error your've presented is from the database and it says NFS.  Share what is in /etc/fstab, and if you have any coresponding NFS events.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>let me know is this error related to Storage since Unix server is connected to XP24K?

Stale NFS file handle errors are related to the NFS server, NAS or networking.  Look there first.