1752796 Members
6069 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

External monitor

External monitor

i am using my TC1100 with HP L2035 trough the docking. my problem is that the image on the external monitor is blurry. it is blurry even if i plug it directly in the tc1100. i had the same problem with the "EVO N800C" the problem was then solved by reinstalling it without using HP recovery. is there anyone else who has this problem and how kan it be resolved?
5 REPLIES 5
Andrew Cowan
Honored Contributor

Re: External monitor

Sounds like the scan/refresh rate is wrong and this could seriously damage the monitor if left for any period of time.

Is the monitor whistling or buzzing? This is a symptom, of overscanning.

I am using a L2035 LCD display, and the refreshrate is set to 60Hz. i know how to set up a display. the problem has to do with the TC1100 it gives a bad image just like my "EVO n800c" did before i got ridd of the hp standard drivers. The picture is bad on any external monitor plugged into the TC1100 (it is like there is a shadow on everything)so my hope is that there is a way to remove this problem without reinstalling the operatingsystem(it does not work just to change displaydrivers. it did not work on the "EVO n800c" either)
Andrew Cowan
Honored Contributor

The only thing that I can think of is that there is a difference in the version of the software on the HP Recovery disks. I had a lot of driver problems with a HP Pavillion laptop and in the end I simply trashed it and started again. I also found that some of the drivers supplied on the HP website caused problems, and so stuck to the standard Microsoft ones.
Toom1

now the problem is back again in the 6930p, it makes a "shadow" image on external monitor. and this has been mentioned in many forums. so why does not HP fix this?? this makes people get headaces from using the machine...
Andrew Cowan
Honored Contributor

Have you considered that the cable or port is damaged? I would suggest trying another external monitor.

The other possible problem is that the cable is damaged or too close to some kind of RF interference.