Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fedora on hp pavilion ze4400

c_44
Occasional Visitor

Fedora on hp pavilion ze4400

Have anyone it working? I have tried with: linux nofirewire nousb noprobe nopcmcia, when installation starts but can't get it to work. It always hangs after booting. Stopping at loading pcmcia. How can I get it to work?
2 REPLIES
richard_265
Occasional Visitor

Re: Fedora on hp pavilion ze4400

Strange...
i also have a laptop with a pcmcia device and i have this problem with linux as Mandrake all versions
But no problem with fedora core 1 : i did not use any parameter when i boot on the install cd
Russ Johnson_2
Occasional Visitor

Re: Fedora on hp pavilion ze4400

I just installed on my ZE4400, and found that I had to boot to runlevel 1 and disable pcmcia. I am working on getting pcmcia to be functional, but it's not yet. I also really want to get acpi working.

ACPI required a kernel rebuild with Mandrake. We'll see what I need to do...