New Discussion юеВ

Forward sendmails to Groupwise

SOLVED
Go to solution
TWBSupport
Regular Advisor

Forward sendmails to Groupwise

Hi all -

I'm looking for a way to forward mail from my 10.20 box to my Groupwise post office. We have transactions that run on the HPUX box. If a transaction fails, the HPUX box sends an email out to a pager to inform someone. Our network is pretty secure & I would like to stay away from just opening up my HPUX box to the internet. I would like HPUX to send the email to the internet via GWIA (Groupwise Internet Agent). Has anyone done this before?
5 REPLIES 5
Uday_S_Ankolekar
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Forward sendmails to Groupwise

Hello,

You need to configure your sendmail.cf file for this.

vi /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

and look for DS flag by /^DS
put your groupwise server name infront of this.

DSyourgroupwise.domain
Save and quit sendmail.cf and restart sendmail
by /sbin/init.d sendmail stop;
/sbin/init.d/sendmail start

You can check log file in /var/adm/syslog/mail.log file.

Goodluck,
-USA..
Good Luck..
Sean OB_1
Honored Contributor

I believe this is done via the Smart Relay Host macro.

Try setting it to this:

DSgroupwise.yourdomain.com

and see if that will relay your outbound mail through your groupwise machine.

TWBSupport
Regular Advisor

Thanks to both of you. I think that will definately work if I can figure out how to get the send mail to show the sender correctly. Well, I should re-phrase that. It is working correctly, but I want it to work another way. Here's the scenario...
My HPUX box sends the email out to my groupwise server, my groupwise server denies the HPUX email to get outside because the senders domain is not correct... the HPUX email shows the sender as being user@hostname.domain.com, when I need it to show user@domain.com. How can I get it to show the latter? Thanks for your help.
Mark Fenton
Esteemed Contributor

Simple answer is to uncomment the Dj macro in your sendmail.cf and substitute the domainname you want:

Djmydomainname.com

sendmail's default option is to return the fully qualified name of the machine. Plugging in just the domainname here will override that.

hth
Mark
TWBSupport
Regular Advisor

Thanks to you all. It works now. I had to do some tweaking on the Groupwise side also, but I couldn't have figured that out without your help. Thanks again