Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frecover - time stamp

SOLVED
Go to solution
Paula J Frazer-Campbell
Honored Contributor

Frecover - time stamp

Hi
I wish to view the files on an fbackup tape but with their time stamp information :-

I have tried frecover -f /dev/rmt/xxx -xNv but it does not give timestamp info.

Can it be done and if so how?

Paula
If you can spell SysAdmin then you is one - anon
5 REPLIES
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: Frecover - time stamp

Hi Paula:

I don't think there is an option to do/see this. As you probably know, you can (at least) extract the volume header (-V ). That will show the time the fbackup was made. I've found this to be useful.

During an actual recovery, unless you use the "-o" option, you will not actually recover and overwrite a file with an older one. Although this does not address your quest, it is a nice option.

Regards!

...JRF...
John Palmer
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I don't think frecover will give you the info.

Short of writing your own program to analyse the dump file I can only think of actually restoring the file(s) - probably not practicable.

Regards,
John
Paula J Frazer-Campbell
Honored Contributor

Hi

Thanks guys you confirmed what I believed, I will have to go for the recover option to another area.

Paula
If you can spell SysAdmin then you is one - anon
Steffi Jones_1
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Paula,

you can try to do the following steps for single files:

1) mv the file to a different location
2) frecover -xovf -i /

If you check now the file which is recovered it should have the original date on it.

Have fun,
Steffi Jones
Trevor Dyson
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Do a search in the forum for 'fanalyze'. This tool may list the files with timestamps.

(or may not - I can't remember)

-Trevor
I've got a little black book with me poems in