Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gentoo-Linux on HP Omnibook xe4400

Hugo_14
Occasional Contributor

Gentoo-Linux on HP Omnibook xe4400

Hi.

I habe a HP Omnibook xe4400 and i like to install gentoo-linux. But i can't boot with the Install-CD. Either the Kernel freezes or the keyboard is closed.

At the moment I have installed Suse 8.1. With linux idebus=66 ide0=0x1f0,0x3f6,14 at boot-prompt the system boots perfectly.

If somebody has experience with gentoo and HP Omnibook xe4400/4500? I am grateful for every indication.

Regards Hugo
2 REPLIES
Hugo_14
Occasional Contributor

Re: Gentoo-Linux on HP Omnibook xe4400

OK, nobody can help me. :-(

I try different parameters at the bootprompt, but nothing help. Then I remember at my experience with Slackware. They have a lot of bootdisk for different Hardware. With the bootdisk bare.i and the installationdisks it was very easy to install Gentoo. ;-)

I'm write a Mini-Howto in the German Gentoo-Forum. If somebody interested?

Regards Hugo
Cristian Draghici
Frequent Advisor

Re: Gentoo-Linux on HP Omnibook xe4400

Hi Hugo,

Have you tried "nousb" (within the parameters). (at least that's what keeps the keyboard from being lock on a redhat 8.0 xe4500 install).

Cheers
c