1752590 Members
2959 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Getting past OSCAR/OSD TFT5600 Software on Console

kevin Richard_2
Occasional Contributor

Getting past OSCAR/OSD TFT5600 Software on Console

I have 2 rx4640 servers rack mounted. The console is a TFT5600 and all I can see off of
this is the OSD screen which looks like the config software for the console. I have tried
booting with the DVD install rom and never see
EFI or anythning else. I believe all of the cables are installed correctly. Am new to HPUX

Anyone have any idea what I am missing in the
steps of starting up a NEW system?
2 REPLIES 2
KFU$KER
Frequent Advisor

Re: Getting past OSCAR/OSD TFT5600 Software on Console

Hello Kevin,

With respects tot he device in question. It appears as though the rackmounted device in entering into the Display screen yes, and as mentioined.

When inside the OnDisplay Screen, use the up and down arrows on the screen display to the right, and there will be 3 buttons for you to choose from.

Try using the up and down arrows to select global mode settings, or attempt to select auto select.

Are the connections neatly tucked away in the back of the rack mount, and cabled into the server or device you are trying to connect too?

Also check to make sure you have duel display mode activated in your laptop.

Click on Start
Click on Control Panel.
Click Classic view, if you are not already there.
D-Click on Display and Settings or Advanced.

If there are 2 monitors in the display that means that there is a dual display.

Try switching the displays around, there may be the config screen for the unit on one monitor and the device's screen on another.

kevin Richard_2
Occasional Contributor

Re: Getting past OSCAR/OSD TFT5600 Software on Console

We were able to hook up a serial port terminal and change the console over to VGA mode. It is apparently set to serial mode at the factory. You can do this thru the EFI
menu during bootup.