Operating System - HP-UX
1753665 Members
5488 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Graphic card required to generate oracle PDF report.

SOLVED
Go to solution
kenken_3
Regular Advisor

Anyone can help? I have installed patch PHSS_34392 one more time, but couldn't find the /etc/rc.config.d/xvfb.conf file and /sbin/init.d/xvfb this time?

any additional patch need to be installed?

thanks
wang & wang
Heironimus
Honored Contributor

Does your app really need a running X session to generate reports, or is it just some silly Java app that needs you to set java.awt.headless=true on the JVM?
Alex Glennie
Honored Contributor

I think the startup scripts may not have been included with the patch, later versions of X included xvfb support as an xserver extension.

I suggest you either create your own, email me or the other poster (see my profile) or contact HP support for a copy.

Alternatives : use an X emulation package eg Reflections X and set the DISPLAY variable accordingly prior to running the oracle report, ensuring the Xsession is running.
kenken_3
Regular Advisor

Hi Heironimus,

The oracle application need the physcial graphic card or the XVFB Xserver running. Both are working well for the application.

However, my current problem is I can't see the /sbin/init.d/xvfb file and /etc/rc.config.d/xvfb.conf after I installed the latest patch PHSS_34392, but I can't see those files.
wang & wang
kenken_3
Regular Advisor

Hi There,

I really need to solve this problem. Anyone knows any additional patch I need to apply so that I can see those xvfb related files.

Thanks a lot,
ken
wang & wang
Tim Hempstead_1
Advisor

Kenken. You do not need those two files you refer to. We have neither of them and are using Xvfb in what looks to be the same way as you want to as referenced in my post further up your thread.

I've attached the SecurityPolicy file the command I gave earlier refers too, copy it into the directory as indicated by the command as SecurityPolicy. Then change the :53 in the command to whatever screen number your application is configured to use and execute the command as the user who will be using the Xvfb instance (i.e. the Oracle Application user) not root.

kenken_3
Regular Advisor

I installed VNC server instead of xvfb and it works fine.

Thank you very much for your inputs.

ken
wang & wang