Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD Benchmarking

wobbe
Respected Contributor

HD Benchmarking

So, whats an good and easy to use HD benchmarking tools for linux?
I've done a few tests with bonnie++ but HP Sata raid1 beats SAS raid 1. I find that hard to believe. And there are also numbers missing. (see attached file)
I need a simple tool to benchmark an old DL380G2 that I want to setup a NSF storage for ESXi4. (I've looked into IOZone but that seems to be complicated)
2 REPLIES
rick jones
Honored Contributor

Re: HD Benchmarking

Doing a good/correct job of measuring storage performance can be complicated for example, there is rather more to an NFS server than just bulk read/write performance. Go with iozone. You may also find the attached of interest.

there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
GUNASEKARAN_1
Occasional Advisor

Re: HD Benchmarking

Hi Going with the IOZone is the best option to setup a NS storage