108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP 11.31 with oracle 10g

SOLVED
Go to solution
Leah Chow
Frequent Advisor

HP 11.31 with oracle 10g

We have some issues since we moved the live database oracle 10g from HP 11.23 to 11.31, we almost receive the oracle error message like this everyday for couple of times:

Errors in file /apps/oracle/admin/pics01/udump/pics01_ora_13040.trc:
Errors in file /apps/oracle/admin/pics01/udump/pics01_ora_8159.trc:
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kxfpqsod_qc_sod], [], [], [], [], [], [], []
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kxfpqsod_qc_sod], [], [], [], [], [], [], []

I talked to oracle about this issue they couldn't help me, they wanted me to reproduce this error to wrong the same sql statement which I couldn't. Then they suggested me to upgrade to oracle 10.2.0.4, my current oracle version is 10.2.0.3.

Two nights ago, couple of our production line application were frozen, and there was an ORA-01013 user request cancel.

I checked the system, there has no locks and waiting, we rebooted the machine which runs the utility of applications, still couldn't resolve the problem. So i had to reboot the unix server, after that everything was running normal.

Has anyone else had this similar issue? Which Kernel parameters should I change? or which HP patches should I apply? Please help!

Leah
5 REPLIES 5
Leah Chow
Frequent Advisor

sorry, i forgot to mention the server is:
HP IA64 HP Server RX6600

Leah
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Leah,

I would suggest that you do further online monitoring using the Oracle Enterprise Manager Database Control.

if you are *lucky* you will be able to view the database performance when the problem occurs.

Normally, Ora-600 error are better handled by Oracle Support (Metalink).

Upgrade to 10.2.0.4 would not be a bad idea afterall.

good luck!
kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Carlos Zoller
Frequent Advisor

Hello, I've had issues like the one you're describing, however not after a OS upgrade.

I'd suggest to check if there are any invalid objects on DBA_OBJECTS or perhaps you might have any invalid indexes and reconstructing them might help.

But normally ORA-600 are very weird, and only Oracle Support can troubleshoot them.

BRs,
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Hi Leah,

There is a one-off patch for a similar issue - patch 6954722 - but I agree with Yogeeraj and would upgrade to patchset 10.2.0.4.

Best Regards,

Eric
Each and every day is a good day to learn.
Leah Chow
Frequent Advisor

Thank you for your replies, I will put the oracle 10.2.0.4 version on the machine. I checked the invalid objects, nothing really affects the database performance.

Leah