General
1752570 Members
5399 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

HP 8770C upgradeability and expandability

Paivi

HP 8770C upgradeability and expandability

Can an HP 8770C hold two internal hard drives or should we consider and external hard drive as an addition? Have not seen this stated in any tech specs. The specs say the system does not support Windows XP, but it seems to be working fine.
1 REPLY 1
Robert Henshaw

Re: HP 8770C upgradeability and expandability

There is plenty of room for a second hard drive. The easiest way is to use a 5.25 inch (full height) adaptor and place it above the original drive. You can also replace the 3.5 inch floppy drive (half height), but on my machine the drive casing contacted the graphics card and wouldn't allow me to close the machine.

A question I have for the forum, has anyone tried to install a bootable disk off a SATA PCI card? I purchased an Ultra 250gig Maxtor drive with an incluced SATA/150 PCI card. While the drive will work and boot the machine using the motherboard Ultra ATA/66 connector, this obviously limits the performance of the hard drive. The PCI board is recognized in the BIOS program and shows up as a bootable device in the boot order, but I get a BIOS error that the DOS is not found. Any suggestions?