1752766 Members
5094 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP 88780 SCSI Sequential Device.

Bryan Lass
Occasional Contributor

HP 88780 SCSI Sequential Device.

Regarding the last message I sent regarding the HP 88780 SCSI Sequential Device.

Apparently this is a 7980 Tape Reader. It shows up in device manager as an HP 88780 SCSI Sequential Device. There does not seem to be a driver installed. I tried downloading the HP Library Tape Toolkit and it doesn't support the device.

Does Anyone know what will?

Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Re: HP 88780 SCSI Sequential Device.

What Operating System are you trying to use?
Make a great day!

Roger
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Well, I just read your earlier post so I see you're trying to make this work under WIN2K. My next question is can you get more specific product information from the faceplate or anywhere else on the drive? Terms like colorado and surestore are helpful. Designations like 35470a or C1533a are extremely helpful.
Make a great day!

Roger
Bryan Lass
Occasional Contributor

There is no specific information on the device itself. It is an old Reel To Reel Magnetic Tape Reader. It Works in Win9x fine with an old tape drive utility but the same tape drive utility will not work through the win2k VDM.
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Have you tried Control Panel/Tapes (Tape Drives?) to see if the device exists there. If it does, try clicking the Load Driver selection. I believe you'll be able to select HP from a list and look for 7980S or 7980SX in the list. I hope that works.
Make a great day!

Roger
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Bryan:
Ignore my last suggestion if you're running WIN2K Pro. Sorry!
Make a great day!

Roger