BladeSystem - General
1748240 Members
3626 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP BL460c G1/ Power Management Controller Update from v.7 will not update to v3.4

SKHelp
Occasional Collector

HP BL460c G1/ Power Management Controller Update from v.7 will not update to v3.4

HI,

Trying to update from .7 Power Management Controller to version 3.4 or higher and it will not accept the update. Tried using cp011301, cp011025, and cp116626 from HP download. I get the message that "this software will not be installed on this system because the required hardware is not present in the system or the software/firmware doesn't apply to this system." "The PMC on this system does not support firmware updates." I have removed/reseated the Server Blade several times with no success.

HP onboard admin shows message that "This PMC should be updated, a new version is available".

Tried following the steps in the HP advisory (c01668472) several times and still unable to update the firmware.  We have several other of the exact same models and had no problem upgrading to 3.4 and getting rid of the advisory called out in the HP Bladesystem Onboard Administrator. iLO2 version is 2.12 and I'm running Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

Any thoughts on why this will not update?

3 REPLIES 3
Ashutosh_D
HPE Pro

Re: HP BL460c G1/ Power Management Controller Update from v.7 will not update to v3.4

Are you updating the PMC Firmware from .7 to 3.4A.?

Accept or Kudo

Ashutosh_D
HPE Pro

Please update the Firmware of blade with Latest SPP 2013-02-0.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/service_packs/en/index.html

Accept or Kudo

B_D
Frequent Visitor

Try to update the firmware offline by booting through the SPP iso or FW Update iso and check.

If the issue still persists, would recommend you to engage HP Support for further assistance.

I am an HP Employee