1748282 Members
3950 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP BL460c

starnesc
Occasional Collector

HP BL460c

I was wondering if anyone has tried to setup a BL460c to have 4 seperate networks using only 2 VC ethernet bays.  Is this even possible or will I have to have 4 seperate VC ethernet modules in 4 seperate bays?  I am using this as a VM host and I already have 2 seperate networks setup on it and I need to have 2 more seperate networks added.  Sorry but I am just a little confused on this.  The first 2 that are setup in vSphere correctly/currently are Broadcom NC373i adapters VMNIC0 and VMNIC1.  The 2 that are not working are Intel NC360m adapters VMNIC2 and VMNIC3.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Psychonaut
Respected Contributor

With that configuration you will need more interconnects (what are the existing two that you have?).  Your two 1Gb connections go to Bay 1 and 2 on the back.  The second 1Gb connections you have (a dual-port mezz card) will go to Bay 3 and 4.  To use those connections you have to populate those interconnect bays.

It would be different if you CNA LOMs on those servers.

FMG_R_Bear
Occasional Visitor

What Virtual Connects and Firmware are you running? What are they connected to: Cisco? HP? Other switch?
starnesc
Occasional Collector

I though that was the case but I was just hoping that there has to be a better way without spending anymore money.