1748211 Members
4284 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP C/aCC++ Developer's Bundle install

Nyck_1
Super Advisor

HP C/aCC++ Developer's Bundle install

We have just purchased a license for the HP c/aCC bundle for 11.23 but not the media. Is this located on the Application DVD and if so which one?
9 REPLIES 9
AVV
Super Advisor

Re: HP C/aCC++ Developer's Bundle install

Insert the CD/DVD that you have and do a

#swinstall -s /cdrom

Go to the Action====>Add the code word and Customer Id. It will show you the product if CD has the same. Helped???
Nyck_1
Super Advisor

I tried again earlier and it worked fine. When I first entered the CI and codeword I used capitals, this was not needed as when I tried in lower case it worked first time, D'oah!
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Nyck_1
Super Advisor

Currently I'm at A.06.15 and to get to A.06.24 I first need to get to A.06.20. It appears that this is not a patch by an install from the September 2008 application cd, is this the case?

If so I have a problem as I do not have this. Can this level be reached via a patch install?
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I'm at A.06.15 and to get to A.06.24 I first need to get to A.06.20.

Yes. If you purchased the compiler, you should have purchased A.06.20. And in a few months, A.06.25.

>September 2008 application CD, is this the case?

This should have A.06.20. And you can patch to A.06.24.
Nyck_1
Super Advisor

To install the version I currently have I used the December 2007 Application DVD, this is what I generated the codeword against.

So I'm assuming what I need to do is the following:-

Remove the current version of the compiler
Locate a new application DVD ( September 2008 ) and generate the codeword against that media and then install .20 and then patch to .24.

This this sound correct?

My only concern is that I might not have this later Application DVD. The person who purchased this compiler only purchased the license and no media!
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

> My only concern is that I might not have this later Application DVD. The person who purchased this compiler only purchased the license and no media!

If you have a support contract then you can download the September 2008 A.06.20 Base Release C/aC++ bundle using the Software Update Manager (SUM).

Regards!

...JRF...
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Remove the current version of the compiler. Locate a new application DVD (September 2008) and generate the codeword against that media and then install A.06.20 and then patch to A.06.24. This this sound correct?

Yes. But I'm not sure you can generate the codeword again?

>The person who purchased this compiler only purchased the license and no media!

I'm not sure if the "Software Update Manager" link to the left will work if you just have a license, or you need a support contract?
Nyck_1
Super Advisor

Yeah I was not amused that this was purchased without the media, but I believe we purchased three years software support with this compiler so all is not lost:-)

For some reason alot of our software is not certified with the newer compilers so chances are I will be ok with this version as I have another server with an even older version and that seems fine.