6205 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DC3000 DVD Movie Maker setup

Alex_160
Occasional Advisor

HP DC3000 DVD Movie Maker setup

Hi there,

I tried to get my DC3000 up and running, but failed. I tried it on Windows 2000 Prof., Windows 2000 Server, WinXP Prof, and Windows 2003 Server. 3 of them are USB 2.0 and one with Win2000 Prof is USB1.1. I always got a question mark on the USB Mass Storage Device in device manager, which said "Device cannot start (Code 10)".

Does anyone have the experience to get it up?
12 REPLIES 12
Ramesh Pakkath
Honored Contributor

Make sure you have the latest drivers for the writer. Check this link:

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/hub_search/taskPageSelect.jhtml?lc=en&pagetype=software&prodId=hpdvdmovie327406&sw_lang=enтМй=en&cc=us
Nothing is "imPOSSIBLE"
Alex_160
Occasional Advisor

Well, this link only let you to pay to order a driver cd. I guess the drivers coming with the product should be latest too as this product is quit new.
Ramesh Pakkath
Honored Contributor

Have you upgraded the firmware?
Nothing is "imPOSSIBLE"
Alex_160
Occasional Advisor

Can I upgrade the firmware without the system identify it?

I mean the OS even doesn't know there is DVD writer attached. And I don't know which one I should use 300n or 300xx.

I will try anyway.
Ramesh Pakkath
Honored Contributor

The note says: Attempting to update the DC3000-300c revision with the firmware update for the DC3000-300n revision (or vice versa) will not damage the HP DVD Movie Writer DC3000. The firmware update will just fail.
Nothing is "imPOSSIBLE"
Darrin Archer

Hello,

I also have the same problem, although I have actually had the drive up and running. The first install on a Dell Laptop went well and the drive worked great (I love how easy it is to use) When I returned from my holiday, I installed it on my Desktop PC, and initially worked OK, then carried out the check for updates with the HP software, which updated the firmware. I was able to capture a couple of movies from Home Video. Since then the drive will not work at all on either PC. The only thing I have noticed out of place is the drive indicator light is on permanantly regardless of whether a disk is in the drive or not. I have tried reinstalling all the software etc but always end up with the drive not being recognised and the question mark on the USB Mass Storage Device in device manager, which said "Device cannot start (Code 10)".
Alex_160
Occasional Advisor

Finally, I decided it's the hardware problem. And it took me more than 1 hour on phone to let the HP customer service believe that I am professional enough to try all kinds of solutions (Actually I tried more than what they can recommend), and convince them to get my Brand NEW DEAD drive. I'm testing the new drive and hope it work.
Alex_160
Occasional Advisor

Finally, I got the replaced drive up and running now.
Ramesh Pakkath
Honored Contributor

Good to know you finally got a new drive. Happy Computing.
Nothing is "imPOSSIBLE"