1748183 Members
3598 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DL360 G4p w/ Smart Array 6i

neo_328ci
Occasional Contributor

HP DL360 G4p w/ Smart Array 6i

I have 3 of these new servers. These servers came with the built-in Smart Array 6i that supports Ultra360 Hot Swap SCSI drives. I purchased two 300GB Ultra360 SCSI drives for each server. Installed the hard drives to the servers and I get the drive failure light on each drive. The array controller will not detect any physical hard drives. I tried using ACU but still the physical drives are not detected.

I return the follwoing error

1785 - Slot 0 Drive Array Not Configured

When I try and use ACU off of the smart start cd, I get the following:

There are no physical drives attached to the current array controller.

If the controller is not being used as a host controller, one of the following could cause the problem:

* There are no supported drives attached to the controller
* A data cable has a bad connection
* 2 or more drives have duplicate SCSI IDs
* Power to the external drvies is off
* The OS array controller driver is missing

Any advice?
3 REPLIES 3
Siert Zijl
Advisor

Please check that the SCSI cables from the drivebay are correctly connected to the internal Smart Array controller.
Linux system administrator
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The maintenance and service guide for the DL360 G4p only lists drives up to 146GB, even though the latest QuickSpecs do list 300GB drives.

I'm wondering whether support for the 300GB drives isn't present in the firmware that you're currently running...

Try updating the firmware using the latest firmware cd 7.61, and see if that resolves things... If it doesn't there's probably a hardware problem somewhere.

Cheers,
Rob
jberg29

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. I'm using 72 gig drives. I checked the connections of the cables. That looks good. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.