1752364 Members
5841 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP ML150 G3T with fedora core4/5?

stock99

HP ML150 G3T with fedora core4/5?

Hi,

This is my first been to this forum , if i didn't post it on the right section, please pardon me.

I am getting this HP ML150 G3T server (dual core Xeon 5050 ) with embeded sata raid controller. But I would like to know if fedora core4/5 able to detect the raid controller and if it will work with other hardware device.

thx in advance for any comment.

dav
5 REPLIES 5
Alpha977
Valued Contributor

Re: HP ML150 G3T with fedora core4/5?

I think fedora 5 is better (more driver are updated) but i don't know if work correctly, but i think it work.

You can try, fedora is free.
by the way, more hp server have the driver for linux.

bye.
Ragu_3
Trusted Contributor

Presume that the ML150 is a Dell manfactured 2U rack server, now branded by HP. Fedora Core will detect the hw raid controller but have you enabled it in your BIOS?
Debian GNU/Linux for the Enterprise! Ask HP ...
dan dobbs
Frequent Advisor

I just installed FC6 on a DL140, and everything went swimmingly. In your case, you'll have to create your containers first, naturally, and then everything should detect.

FYI, the FC6 installer allows you to install to iSCSI SANs, so I'm thinking sata raid should be covered.

Cheers and good luck,

-dd
Hey, that's not a spoon.
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Hello dav,

FC5 should/will work and its more stable than FC6.

Ragu:What does this mean?
ML150 is Dell manfactured HP branded.

dan dobbs: Did you install any HP software/PSP?

SRH
stock99

i am planning to run scalix 11 on it. I don't think they support fedora6 yet. So i guess i have to run it under fc5. As to the stability issue, what exactly can happen? If just sometime controller fail to be detected,that should be ok as i don't usually restart the server.