1748227 Members
4396 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Omnibook 4150 hangs when coming out of hibernate mode

David L. Largent
Occasional Advisor

HP Omnibook 4150 hangs when coming out of hibernate mode

About half the time my HP OB 4150 "hangs" when it is coming out of hibernate mode. The rest of the time, it works just fine!

With the PC off, I push the blue power button, and it starts the power-up process - disk starts spinning, lights start flashing, etc. Then about the time it should be displaying images on screen, the screen is left completely blank, except for a single "underline" character in the upper-left corner. Everything seems to be up and running - even have my network connection - just nothing on the screen except the "_".

Any thoughts?
3 REPLIES 3
Rick Harrison_1

Re: HP Omnibook 4150 hangs when coming out of hibernate mode

Did you ever get this problem resolved? I am having the same problem on my OmniBook XE3, but it happens every time I hibernate. It just started last week, possibly at the same time that I installed a USB mouse. I have uninstalled the mouse, installed W2K SP2 and followed the instructions on another thread having to do with changing the USB driver, but it still hangs. I ran into a dead end on the USB driver when it came to downloading a new one from Intel because I don't know how to find out which USB chipset I have on my machine.
┬аFrederic Hosmann
Trusted Contributor

Peter Toldi_3
Regular Advisor

These behaviors also can occur if the power management drivers on the computer
are not compatible with the Windows version you are currently have.