Operating System - HP-UX
1752857 Members
3901 Online
108790 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Openmail MAPI 05.40.03

Suzie Lane

HP Openmail MAPI 05.40.03

Question in regards to running this version on Outlook98 (win95).
On client, error returns as messages return from server 'MAPI Spooler not responding. MAPIsp32 Unexpectedly shutdown'.

Once 05.40.01 is reinstalled problem is resolved, however v 05.40.03 must be running to resolve and operate in our environment.
5 REPLIES 5
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Openmail MAPI 05.40.03

Suzie Lane

Thanks Rita for the reply. I had found the same documentation on Microsoft KB. Was hoping that HP could provide something more specific with the MAPI. Since the MAPI change did resolve one of the problems. Still need to have 05.40.03 to work succesfully.
Thanks again.
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Sorry it didn't really help...just curious-and I may be way off base here.
But it would seem from the MS info the problem is the MAPI32.dll. Is it possible to run the new version 03 with the ~.dll file from the older 01 version?

Just a thought? Like I said ....

Regards,
Dave Kelly_1
Respected Contributor

There is a known problem with the B.05.40.03 MAPI drivers when trying to access messages that contain a WINMAIL.DAT attachment as well as MAPI properties.

This has been fixed in B.05.40.04.

The drivers can be downloaded from http://www.hp.com/go/openmail.

The download is password protected so you will need to have paid for the OpenMail subscription before you can proceed.

Dave Kelly
OpenMail Support
UK Response Centre.
Collin Swart

When installing this version mapi in nt4 outlook 98 I found that the delivery tab of the mail group did not set itsself up to mailbox or PST . check if this is the case
hp or not hp