3524 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Pavillion N5461 Display Drivers

Andrew Cowan
Honored Contributor

HP Pavillion N5461 Display Drivers

Hi,

I'm trying to update my display drivers to the latest available for Windows-XP, and so downloaded: "2kxphdpd.exe" from the HP drivers page. The description for this patch is:

HP Display Settings Application and HPCI Driver
Version 1.10

When I try to install it I get the error "This system does not support HP Display Settings and the HP Configuration Interface"

Any ideas?
9 REPLIES 9
Sergejs Svitnevs
Honored Contributor

I see Windows XP Trident Video Driver for HP OmniBook XE3-GD/GE and Pavilion N54xx/XHxxx-GD/GE (triwxp02.exe_. Did you get these file and install them?

link to the file:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/ccd/soar2sdd/ob753/ob753en/triwxp02.exe

Regards,
Sergejs
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Andrew:

The file you need is 2kxphpci.exe from http://h20004.www2.hp.com/soar_rnotes/bsdmatrix/matrix45515en_US.html

While you're there I would install any Windows XP updates that are newer than what you're running.

Good luck!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Riaz Janjua
Advisor

Roger:

I have seen many messages and your input on display drivers.
I recently bought hp pavillion ze5270. I want to install windows 2000. But I am not successful.
I contacted hp and they told me that it has ATI RS200M display cards. Other stold me that ze5270 has ATI Radeon 345M video card. (Are RS200M and IGP 345M same family).
I have tried Omega drivres. Catalyst 3.1 and 3.2 and also other RS200M drivers for other models for windows 2000, but no luck.
Do you know if there is any diplay driver which will work for my system (HP Pavillion ze5270)? ot there are any chances in near future?
I also checked on this message board that xp home addition driver even does not work on XP professional edition.
I also got impression on this board that some people were successful for win2k diplay driver for RS200M.

Thanks
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Riaz:

I suggested that you try the XP driver in another thread. See: http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x755528c64656d71190080090279cd0f9,00.html

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Andrew Cowan
Honored Contributor

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the suggestion but I have already tried downloading ALL of the XP stuff from that page. I've also sent a mail to HP Support and they couldn't help. The real problem seems to be the HPCI driver. I think that this has been included in some earlier driver update, and unless you downloaded and installed that, your screwed.

This is a classic Windows chicken and egg type problem whereby the vendor assumes a particular set of circumstances, and if you haven't got EXACTLY that setup, then all further updates fail.

I have actually got the latest drivers from Trident and everything works great except my contrast keys.
Andrew Cowan
Honored Contributor

Hi everybody and thanks for all your suggestions but I think I will have to just accept that the contrast keys will NEVER work.

Ho hum......
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Andrew:

Did you notice that the file I referred you to is different from the one you said you installed in your initial post? I just want to make sure you don't overlook a possible solution because the filenames are so similar.

Adios!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Andrew Cowan
Honored Contributor

Hi Roger,

Yes I did and so I re-downloaded from the loaction you gave, and that still made no difference.

Thanks,
Andrew
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Andrew:

Did your system come new with WINXP? Did the HPCI ever work (under WINXP)?

I don't know if this will help but I thought you'd like to know about it. It's excerpted from a manual for a different HP notebook computer than yours.

"To install the Hewlett-Packard Configuration Interface (HPCI)
If you???ve installed a retail version of Windows 2000, you???ll need to install the Hewlett-Packard Configuration Interface (HPCI) driver. This driver is located on the Recovery CD in \OMNIBOOK\DRIVERS\W2K\HPCI.
The HP Configuration Interface device implements the following features:
?? Auto standby on undock based on the bios settings.
?? Fn+F12 hibernate hot key.
?? Volume implemented through the operating system which will actively be reflected in the user interface.
?? CD control buttons (Play, Stop, Pause, etc.) on the front of the computer.
1. Run SETUP.EXE in the HPCI directory on the Recovery CD.
2. Choose Install the HP Configuration Interface Software and click OK.
3. Click OK to confirm the software has been successfully installed.
4. Restart the computer.
Note Reset your video settings if needed."

HTH!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger