Operating System - Microsoft
1753261 Members
5246 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Pavillion a410n LED power light blinking

Janet Hufford

HP Pavillion a410n LED power light blinking

Unplugged the computer, plugged it back in 2 days later (did not move it, I was painting). Now the computer fails to iniitate. LED blinks, as well as indicator light on the back.
I have cleaned the fans and connetions with compressed air. I have reseated all connections inside the tower, and I have exchanged power cords.
Nothing has changed - any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Janet Hufford
Dream Chaser Alpacas

7 REPLIES 7
Graeme Porter

Hi Janet

A blinking power LED normally indicates that a computer has gone into "sleep mode" (also known as "hibernation" or "standby").

While I'm not familiar with the Pavillion range, I am assuming that the motherboard conforms to ATX specifications, so try this :-

Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Hopefully, the power LED will stop blinking by then.

Now, you should be able to switch the machine back on again.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Graeme
I. Muvingi

I have had the same problem. I tried to hold the LED button down for a couple of seconds, but still nothing. The computer will not boot and this happened only after switching it off for a day or two.
SwapnilSh
Occasional Advisor

This is what u should do :-

Unplug the power supply from the wall or from the back of the tower and then hold the power button for atleast 30sec and then plug back the power supply and then turn on the computer.

if doesnt help then.....

unplug the power supply from the wall or from the back of the tower and then switch the power cable that is connected the monitor to the tower to the power cable that is connecting the tower to the wall.it might give u a error message on the screen.if it does then let us know (duh).

Till then,
Chill
;)
Utpal Chatterjee

I am also facing same problem. Power Led blinking and PC (Pavilion)is not powering up.
I tried instructions given earlier but no result. pl Help.

BIG G_2

my hp a384x has been automatically sleeping even with changed power setting? wat to do?
Corey Olson

Here's how I fixed mine.
I did all the things you did.
Plus....
Unhook all your peripherals.. including your mouse, external hard drives, monitor even.
Unhook your power cord from the computer. then, inside, unhook the main cable from your power supply.
Wait a few minutes (please make sure you've discharged static electricity before doing interior work!)
Plug the interior connection in, the plug in the power cord back into its socket in the back of the computer.
Don't hook up peripherals yet!
There's now a good chance your computer will start up now. Hook up your peripherals one by one till the offending cable shuts the computer off. (in my case it was a bad usb cable running to an external storage device.
Good luck!
Corey
Datech

I've done all the above and nothing works except change the power supply. Guess I'll have to take the pc over to the techs where I bought it (it's under extended warranty) and let them have a crack at it...