1748027 Members
4197 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Pro Liant DL 380p Gen8 - loud sound of noice

TalalJavaid
Advisor

HP Pro Liant DL 380p Gen8 - loud sound of noice

I have HP Pro Liant DL 380p Gen8 - From Last days its started to make noice a lot.  that sound use to come just when i  restart the  server . (Sound like jet engine started). but now it all the time it starts and keep continue for 1- minutes then stops for may be 30-40 second. then again restart. continue again for 1 min. then stop for 30-40 sec. and that keep going on. 

What could be the issue. 

2 REPLIES 2
TalalJavaid
Advisor

ADDED TO ABOVE, I HAVE INCERTED 2 DRIVE IN EMPTY BAY. THEY ARE JUST LYING THERE. I NEED TO ADD THEM ON ARRAY BUT I WILL NOT DO IT NOW I WILL DO IT LATER ONCE A FULL BACKUP IS FINISED. IS THAT IS BECAUSE OF IT BECAUSE IT JUST STARTED AFTER I ADDED THOSE DRIVES ON 2 EMPTY BAY. 

BUT AGAIN, I HAVE NOW REMOVED THEM BUT STILL THE FAN IS RUNNING WITH HIGH NOICE

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

First, I would suggest you, make sure the server should be updated with the latest bios and firmware.

I hope you are using HPE hard disk, I would not suggest to use non-hpe hard disks in the server. This is also one of the reasons for FAN noise.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo