1751709 Members
5477 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Proliant ML 370 Server configuration

Dean rayan
Occasional Contributor

HP Proliant ML 370 Server configuration

I am using HP Proliant ML 370G3 Server and my os is fedora linux core 2. When i using ifconfig command it shows only one network card. How i will configure the ilo as a network card.
4 REPLIES 4
Kodjo Agbenu
Honored Contributor

Dean,

iLO is a remote management card. It cannot be used as a standard network card.

Good luck.

Kodjo
Learn and explain...
Dean rayan
Occasional Contributor

Hi
thanks for ur Reply. What is the usage of remote management and how it's works. How will i configure remote management card in Fedora Linux core 2.

Thanx

dean
Vitaly Karasik_1
Honored Contributor

Basic iLO configuration is very easy - it should press "F8" during boot and configure IP/netmask/etc. for iLO interface. After this you'll be able to get remote console by telnet/https to iLO port via network.

Advanmced iLO provides you with graphic console, virtual CD/floppy and more.

See http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/ilo/index.html for more.

Rgds,
Vitaly
Kodjo Agbenu
Honored Contributor

Remote management card is not configured in Fedora. It is completely independent from Operating System.
To configure it, follow the instructions kindly provided by Vitaly in the previous post.
After configuration, you can take the control of the server via remote management network even if the system is off.

Under Linux, there is an agent named "hprsm" that can collect information from the remote management card (iLO) to be logged in system logs or transmitted via SNMP. However, this agent is available on selected distributions of Linux (Red Hat Enterprise and SuSE Enterprise).

Good luck.

Kodjo
Learn and explain...