1752567 Members
5317 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP QuickPlay gone bad

Jarkko Kankainen

HP QuickPlay gone bad

I've uninstalled the partition for Quickplay, and now out of some moisture problems the computer booted on its own to the quickplay partiton which is currently missing. The screen says "No MESA partition found" and keeps on rebooting. I have no way to boot into windows anymore. When I remove the battery, it still keeps on booting to quickplay. I'd wipe the BIOS battery but there's no access to it from anywhere. What can I do? Im currently away on vacation, but I was hoping on working also. (laptop is Pavilion dv1006ea)
3 REPLIES 3
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: HP QuickPlay gone bad

Jarkko Kankainen

Sorry for not answering to my own thread sooner. No, the question wasn't about installing Quickplay, but how to bypass the system booting everytime to HP Quickplay. The fix was actually quite simple: Press down the Dvd menu key that normally boots the computer to the Quickplay partition. The button was somehow stuck down. I managed to release the button by pressing on it for 10 minutes or so. Now my computer boots normally once again, and no need to install Quickplay to the second partition. And for information Sujith James, from my previous post I forgot to add that its impossible to boot from anything than the missing Quickplay partition when the button was stuck, since there is no boot menu or BIOS access to be able to boot from any other medium. The BIOS just skipped the normal boot.
Jarkko Kankainen

The problem was fixed just by tapping on the stuck key.