Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP-UX 10.20 discontinuance

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

HP-UX 10.20 discontinuance

Short question about 10.20 discontinuance..
(see http://www.hp.com/workstations/products/unix/operating/hpux1020/discont.html )

I've got some large application development servers based on 10.20 and our developers are so touchy about compilation/patching that even patching the systems your y2k compliance took major convincing. That was the last time they were patched (and the last time they needed patching - they work just fine for what we do)

I myself don't want to move these systems up to 10.20 because of the administration nightmares involved, so I plan to leave them there..

Anyway, the question relates to what is mentioned at http://www.hp.com/workstations/products/unix/operating/hpux11/cookbook/cookbook.html saying that 10.20 will be off the price list. Does that mean that it'll be free??

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
3 REPLIES
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: HP-UX 10.20 discontinuance

Hi Bill:

...when is anything ever free?...

It's always pay-me-now-or-pay-me-later!...

Regards, Jim. ;-)

...JRF...
Carsten Krege
Honored Contributor
Solution

Off the pricelist means that customers won't be able to order the product any longer. Being of the price list is the first step in desupport of a product.

It doesn't mean that it is free.

Carsten
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- HhGttG
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

so I guess it's priceless then! ;)

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)