Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP-UX 11.0 /Oracle 8.0.5.0.0 svrmgrl core dump ORA-3113

Liu, yuhyun Marjorie
Occasional Advisor

HP-UX 11.0 /Oracle 8.0.5.0.0 svrmgrl core dump ORA-3113

Hi,

I just upgrade our HP9000/K410 HP server from 10.20 to 11.0. 32-bit and I also reinstalled/relinked my oracle programs. However, when I started my svrmgrl program, I got ORA-03113 end-of-file on communication channel. and a core dump. I can not do anything further with ORACLE.

I looked all the questions about this ORA-3113 error, and can not fix this problem. I set up my shmmax to 1G already.

Here is my attachement of the core dump messages. I do not have oracle trace files.

I have a cold installation of HP-UX 11.0, but I have not install any specific ORACLE patches. This does not come with standard HP-UX, supportPlus CDs.

Please help to solve this problem ASAP.

Thanks a lo
2 REPLIES
John Poff
Honored Contributor

Re: HP-UX 11.0 /Oracle 8.0.5.0.0 svrmgrl core dump ORA-3113

Hello,

Take a look at this recent thread. Someone recently had a similar problem here:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x25166049dbb6d611abdb0090277a778c,00.html

JP
Liu, yuhyun Marjorie
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP-UX 11.0 /Oracle 8.0.5.0.0 svrmgrl core dump ORA-3113

I like to correct what I said, I do have oracle trace files, and error ORA-7445 core dump under the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/log directory.

I also checked the link you provided, but it does not help. My Oracle programs and files are under different disk packs, when I did a cold installation of HP-UX, I just brought those disk packs on-line. I should not miss any oracle files or links.

Those HP-UX software products I installed are:

HPUXEng32RT, XSWGR1100,HWE1100,UXCoremedia, UnlimitedUserLic, and QPK1100, and DIAGNOSTICS/B.11.00.

So I wonder I missed some ORACLE patches for this release 11.0.