New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP UX 11.11 + Oracle 9.2.0

Jean-Luc Oudart
Honored Contributor

So it looks like sqlplus was relinked.

From Metalink doc 109621.1
(HP-UX: LD_LIBRARY_PATH and SHLIB_PATH)
5. WHICH VARIABLE SHOULD BE SET FOR 64 BIT ORACLE? ----------------------------------------------- A 64 bit install of Oracle includes both 32 bit executables (such as svrmgrl and sqlplus) and 64 bit executables (such as oracle). The installation contains two 'lib' areas: Prior to 9i: $ORACLE_HOME/lib - 32 bit libs $ORACLE_HOME/lib64 - 64 bit libs 9i onwards: $ORACLE_HOME/lib32 - 32 bit libs $ORACLE_HOME/lib - 64 bit libs Both of these directories contain libraries of the same name. To ensure that 32 bit executables search the 32 bit dir, and 64 bit executables search the 64 bit dir, set the following: Prior to 9i: $LD_LIBRARY_PATH - includes $ORACLE_HOME/lib64, but not $ORACLE_HOME/lib $SHLIB_PATH - includes $ORACLE_HOME/lib, but not $ORACLE_HOME/lib64 9i onwards: $LD_LIBRARY_PATH - includes $ORACLE_HOME/lib, but not $ORACLE_HOME/lib32 $SHLIB_PATH - includes $ORACLE_HOME/lib32, but not $ORACLE_HOME/lib

Rgds,
Jean-Luc
fiat lux
Giridhar S
Occasional Advisor

I tried setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH and SHLIB_PATH as per the instructions:

oracle@ismuxa21:echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/disk1/ora9i/lib
oracle@ismuxa21:echo $SHLIB_PATH
/disk1/ora9i/lib32:/usr/lib

but no luck yet. I am still getting the same error.
Jean-Luc Oudart
Honored Contributor

Also,
check Metalink note 181628.1

regards,
Jean-Luc
fiat lux
Mark Greene_1
Honored Contributor

From the Oracle metalink website I found two instances of this. There are two different fixes.

First, run the "file" command against all of the patches you loaded to ensure you got the 64 bit versions.

Second, run "nm" against the oracle executable to see all the symbols; when you find the reference for kglla62, run "ar" with the "rv" options on that library file and then try to launch Oracle again.

mark
the future will be a lot like now, only later
Brian Crabtree
Honored Contributor

Giridhar,

Just to start with the obvious. Have you relinked the binaries ($OH/bin ; relink all), and verified that they are compiled correctly? Also, make sure that you relink sqlplus as well (cd $OH/sqlplus/lib ; make -f ins_sqlplus.mk install)

You should get some errors when trying to relink that might help diagnose the problem.

Thanks,

Brian
T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor

The problem is that you have not followed the readme notes of the patch installation.

set your env properly.
shutdown Oracle services.
apply the patch bundle.
Re-link the oracle binaries

That should work fine.
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi giridhar,

1. Please check your environment.
2. Consider relinking: make -f ins_rdbms.mk ioracle
3. can you post the output of "which sqlplus"?

regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Giridhar S
Occasional Advisor

Here'z the output:
oracle@ismuxa21:which sqlplus
/disk1/ora9i/bin/sqlplus

By the way, I tried relinking oracle, with the command
make -f ins_rdbms.mk ioracle 1>relinkoraout 2>>relinkoraout. I have attached the relinkoraout file with this reply. The undefined symbol 'kglla62' is clearly visible when I relink. Not sure what is the option I have now ?

Should I consider re-installing this patch (migrating from 9.2.0.1 to 9.2.0.4) again now ? Please advise
T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor

Do you have all HPUX patches installed.

What recent bundles you have on your system,

you need to have all the below patches on HPUX11i,
Pre-requisite System Patches:
Support Plus Bundle 'December 2002 SP-0212' or later
JDK 1.3.1.02
PHNE_27745 (For RAC systems)
PHNE_28568
PHKL_25506
PHSS_26560
PHSS_26946
PHSS_28849 (For ServiceGuard systems)
PHCO_28427
PHCO_24402

check and revert
Giridhar S
Occasional Advisor

Yes, I just checked and I have all the HP-UX 11i patches shipped as a part of GoldBase patches. Attached are lines from swlist:

GOLDBASE11i B.11.11.0306.4 Gold Base Patches for HP-
UX 11i, June 2003
GOLDAPPS11i B.11.11.0306.4 Gold Applications Patches
for HP-UX 11i, June 2003

The JDK version installed is 1.3.1.05 - Sun's HotSpot VM.

I tried re-installing the patch but even after re-installation, I still get the same error !! Can somebody please help ?