1752609 Members
4073 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP UX Installation on D220

Bobby George
Occasional Contributor

HP UX Installation on D220

I'm trying to install HP-UX 11.0 on a D220.I've connected the system through serial cable and I'm using secure CRT terminal emulator. Terminal type is set to VT100. When it comes to select the terminal type during the installation, I'm not able to enter anything. What could be the problem. I'm also getting a message during startup memory mismatch.
5 REPLIES 5
Magdi KAMAL
Respected Contributor

Re: HP UX Installation on D220

Hi Bobby,

If you got a memory mismatch, so you are not able to do anything unless you fix this problem(I think you had upgraded your memory ! perheps it is not well inserted or the is not compatible).

You need also to set the terminal for hp if it is allowed for better character menu displaying on the screen.

Magdi
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Hi,
look into the memory modules, some loose connection or memory modules may not be compatible.
never give up
MANOJ SRIVASTAVA
Honored Contributor

Hi Bobby

You need to change the console emulation to HP 2392 so that you can use console functions , some stuff like hit a key in 10 seconds may not workunder vt100 emulation .

Also for the memory mismatch it look use loose simms / bad simms , incase the error doesnt go after reboot call HP .
Sundar_7
Honored Contributor

U can try

ttytype -s -a

to autodetect the Terminal type
Learn What to do ,How to do and more importantly When to do ?
George_14
Occasional Advisor

Please find attached File. This is where I'm stuck.