6158 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP WirelessMGr Module

SOLVED
Go to solution
hee jae lee

I've had the same problem with my laptop which is presario 2500.
My problem was it didn't reboot with the same error message, so I'd re-installed windowsXP again, I'm able to boot the computer now, but still takes a considerable amount of time, and with the same error message 'wirelessmgr.exe'. Also, my wireless button doesn't work(the blue light does not come on), neither does my volume on/off switch on my laptop. I am planning to format my whole system if the hp guys do not come up with a solution soon.
David Sirrine_1

HPWirelessMgr.exe Module

I had similar problems with my nx9010. I finally uninstalled the Notebook Utilites through Add/Remove Programs. Notebook Utilities contains the HP Wireless Mgr. I discovered that uninstalling the HP Wireless Mgr had no effect on my ability to use the HP 54g WLAN W450 adapter.
Taryn McDonald

I am having the same problem and error notification with my compaq nx9010. What is wrong??can someone pleees giv advice that will solve the problem???!!!
David Nicholas_3

I have an HP Pavilion ZE5500 series and had a very similar,if not the same, problem. Everything worked fine one night, then the next day the laptop would not complete boot-up. It continued to stall on the initial Welcome to... screen. My blue WiFi lite stays on as well. I Paid $80 to have a professional HP Dealer restore the OS (XP Home) and at least the system booted up, but took a long time. I then had to reload many drivers for various programs that would not work and many files had to be deleted from my registry because the files they related to were no longer existing.

I finally removed the Wireless Module (access bottom of laptop) and reinserted it and everything seemed to at least work again. However, the WiFi button still does not work and the light stays on, also it still takes too long to boot-up and I believe that bis due to the malfunction of the HPWirelessMgr Module. I continue to get the message as follows:

HPWirelessMgr Module has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry about the inconvenience.

Then asks to "send" or "Don't Send" an error report to Microsoft.

I do not believe this is a MS problem rather an HP problem that then need to research. Seems like a faulty module to me on many computers with WiFi capabilities.
Rob Snyder_1

I've had the same problem for months. I have several wireless networks at my office that I have access to. My laptop will cycle through those networks and I wonder if it has something to do with this file as well.

I don't have any trouble getting on the networks, but I still have trouble staying on them.

I also have a problem with links on Explorer. Links that I click on will not direct me to the new site or associated file.

HP, what say you?

Rob
Brian Neison

Has anyone been able to figure the HPWirelessMgr.exe stopping the boot process issue out?

Josh Walters

Has anyone got this working yet? I'm still having the problem and was wondering if there was a solution?
Paul_601

Just adding another "ditto" to the issue, this time a Presario 2500. Delayed boot, wireless not functioning, on/off button for wireless has no effect. Disabling in Device Manager turned off the wireless light, but HpWirelessMgr bombs with option to notify Microsoft after boot. Worked one day and failed the next. Naturally the unit is out of warrently. Meanwhile using a Linksys WPC54G.
roly russell

Hello.

Firstly,I've been a loyal customer, and the lack of ANY action on this problem is irritating and unfortunate.

Second, I managed to get around the problem somehow. Unfortunately, it ended up being such a frantic situation that I don't know exactly what step fixed the problem. I ended up reinstalling all of the pertinent HP drivers that had anything to do with wireless connections and, importantly, USB devices. One ended up fixing the problem, though I unfortunately cannot say what exactly. Try reinstalling verious drivers from HP, and rebooting each time to see if the problem is any better (but see the next paragraph first).

A temporary fix for the lengthy boot-up and shut down, I discovered, is that the problem had something to do with my USB optical mouse. If I remembered to unplug my mouse before shutting down/hibernating/logging off, the problem didn't seem to occur. If I didn't, it was still the same story. Now, however, I managed to fix the system entirely, I think.

Reinstalling the operating system did NOT help me, so I don't recommend going through that hassle.

The wireless blue light indicator, and the button on the front of the laptop case, still don't work--but that is at least just cosmetic.

HP ... why no word?

Cheers, good luck,
roly.
patsan

Well I tried the SP26144.exe that was suggested earlier in this string and it worked 100%. I followed the download and install directions, restarted my laptop and POOF! My wireless button and mute/volume buttons work and perform the functions they are supposed to. Thank you for the advice!