HP WirelessMGr Module

Here is the message

Error Signature
szAppName: HPWirelessMgr.exe
szAppVer:1.0.0.9
szModName:atl.dll
szModVer:3.0.9435.0
offset 00001285

It then talks about sending report nad info regarding this.

If i then click on a prompt to view tech info it list the following

C:\Docume~1\locals~\temp\wer2.tmp.dir00\HPWirelessMgr.exe.mdmp

C:\Docume~1\locals~\temp\wer2.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

I'm sorry i hope this helps

The model is actually nx9010 not 3010!
Also the blue light on the notebook which is the wireless function seems to be on and when i press the buttom below will not go off???
The notebook was working fine last night and as far as i am aware i have done nothing to upset this.

thanx for your willingness to help.

aaron
33 REPLIES 33
Ganesh Babu
Honored Contributor

Re: HP WirelessMGr Module

Hi Aaron,

Can u post what was there in the
C:\Docume~1\locals~\temp\wer2.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

Note::
I think u have presse "New message" button instead of REPLY button. In the last question, by the way u have started a new question.. Make sure u click on REPLY button when u want to answer the same question.

Ganesh
Ganesh Babu
Honored Contributor
Solution

Aaron_90
Occasional Contributor

Ganesh

I'm sorry, when it comes to techincal jargen i'm not really in to it....what do you mean by post what was in it at the moment i can't really access anything except the screen that pops up when you press alt/ctrl/del once and it list the tasks in operation.....more info.

When i received the Notebook it came with Drivers restore etc would this help??
roly russell

Hello.

I've got the same problem. Seems to be associated with some serious problems with my system ... the link provided in the previous response is invalid; so does anyone have any tips?

I've done everything I can think of to get around the issue, but no luck (including reinstalling windows, and all updates, et cetera). It takes a ridiculously long time for windows (xp professional) to boot up since the problem started, and when it does I immediately get a repeating warning about HPwirelessMgr.exe not working.

Thanks,
roly.
brooks_4

I have just encoutered the same problem - exactly. I have a Compaq Presario 2100 laptop. I was having some difficulties with attachments (when emailing and saving pics) so I decided to run the driver install/repair disc that came with the computer. It screwed everything up and now I'm in deep.

I run a Netgear 108. wireless router with it and I'm unable to get online. The wireless button/light does is constantly "on" and won't turn off or respond.

The error messages I have are just the same.

ANY help out there? Please?
Jack Hole

I too have the same problem and am boggled by the fact that HP has done nothing to correct this nor have any representitives attempt to contact the people in the replies above... because the computer does not work...and that is a big problem for a business man such as myself.
mathias_7

I have the same problem as well. It would be really nice if someone found a way to fix this.
Michael Layden

I also have a Compaq nx9010, with the same issue. On bootup, there is a long delay, an then a message that HPWirelessMgr Module has had to terminate. The error log has,

Faulting application HPWirelessMgr.exe, version 1.0.0.9, faulting module atl.dll, version 3.0.9435.0, fault address 0x00001285.

It appears that XP service pack 2 has increased the problem, at least it has hugely slowed down the whole start up process, and provides a bunch of useless "at risk" messages while it interrupts the start of firewall, norton, etc.
Roelof

Did anyone try to install the SP26144.exe file which should fix the problem??? and if yes what was the result

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&cc=us&softwareitem=ob-18405-1