3647 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP iLO configuration

mammadshah
Advisor

HP iLO configuration

Hi,

I just assigned IP-Address (192.168.1.1) to HP-ILO2 from configuration interface on boot while pressing F8 and also created "admin" user. i have two servers connected using cross-over ethernet cable.

but i am not getting this interface on Linux (RHEL 5.3). It is also enabled in ILO Management Interface (F8 menu).

thanks for help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupinder Bedi
Respected Contributor

Re: HP iLO configuration

The ILO is not directly accessable via the operating system.

It's a remote-access ethernet port (called "Integrated Lights Out", see your documentation), of which allows you to do things such as access the system console, the bios etc. from a remote location.
All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare
mammadshah
Advisor

How do i verify iLO2. both servers are connected via cross-over cable.
When i pluged it to local switch network iLO interface didn't bring online on switch and on server.

thanks
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

>>>How do i verify iLO2. both servers are connected via cross-over cable.
When i pluged it to local switch network iLO interface didn't bring online on switch and on server.

I am really curious why you need to connect two servers ILO's to each other via cross-over ? How do you expect this to be good for anything ?

If you are configuring clustering with ILO fencing then your system NICs and ILOs all need to be connected to a switch with normal network cables and they all must then be able to talk with each other..

The fencing option works by one system logging into the other server's ILO over it's NIC and turning off power to the other server via ILO commands.

A node in a cluster would typically have one public NIC, one heartbeat NIC, and it's ILO configured all connected to your local area network via a switch. Repeat for each node in the cluster.

If there are only two nodes in the cluster then the heartbeat nics can use a cross-over. The public NIC and ILO cannot.

Taifur
Respected Contributor

Hi,

For using ILO you need to use mozilla or any other browser from ur OS as like http://x.x.x.x

Hope, it will solve ur issue.

Rgds//
Taifur
mammadshah
Advisor

its working now thanks