5177 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP netraid

Sritharan
Valued Contributor

HP netraid

Hi,

We have one HP netraid disk array with two scsi card.We want to shift this disk array to antother server(not HP server). In that server wetry to install this two card, but when it boot up it just hang at the adapter scanning part.

I also have reinitialize the disk array using the Hp Express Tool at the boot up.

How can solve this problem.

Is this because I'm not using HP server.
or because of the BIOS Firmware

Good points will be awarded

Thanks
Sri
Known is a drop...unknown is an ocean -> quote from a movie
4 REPLIES 4

Any reason you can't simply take all the data off the working HP server and put it, say, on a tape backup, network share, or other media. Then move the controllers and drives to the new server, configure the array, and put the data back? Maybe with a utility program like "ghost"? (if you decide to use ghost however, and its windows 2000, I'd checkout the readme files on sysprep.inf)

If this won't work, let me know. There may be other solutions.
Sritharan
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply..

I have done some "home work" and I have succesfully installed the RS/12 into the server.(What I did is disable the PCI scanning at the BIOS level,after I have installed the driver I enabled back the PCI and it works fine).

Now , I have to do clustering on the RS/12 (We have two units,each unit have 6 disk)

The problem I'm facing right now is, we have two adapters in on RS/12 but I cannot see all the h/disk together. It look like 3 h/disk hold by Adapter 0 and 3 h/disk by Adapter 1.

How can I see all the h/disk together ??

thanks & regards
sRi

Do you have the "cluster mode" jumper in the "on" position on both cards? (BTW, which controller cards are you using?)
Sritharan
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Yup, know I have resolve the problem , I have set the cluster configuration by changing the SCSI 1 to the right..now I have another problem. I have created two LUN and connected two server to the RS/12 but the problem is whenever the second server start it will stop at the BIOS level and it indicates that

Initializing SCSI COntroller [Chip 0 : Done]
and it will restart the initializing.the same thing happen on the vice versa server, how can I overcome this problem

Thanks
Sri