4242 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP rx8620 server reboot...

Seymour
Advisor

HP rx8620 server reboot...

Hi all!

I have one critical problem. I have two rx8620 integrity server in one cluster. After power failure one of the servers rebooting by itself. During the reboot I receiving some errors witch I attached.
5 REPLIES 5
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Re: HP rx8620 server reboot...

It seems that MCA has occured in the system on account of bus check. Most probable cause would be some hardware failure in this case.

Take a look at the document below and collect the MCA date and send it to HP Support along with crash dump. Log a h/w call with HP asap for faster resolution.

http://www2.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en_US&docId=200000079988488

Looking at the event log, I see XBC errors, maybe problem at system backplane level for just looking at those error doesn't confirm it. One should take a look at the other logs too ( MCA data and FPL etc ). You can post it here if you want.
Seymour
Advisor

Hi Sameer,

I'm posting the last mca logs.
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Post the MCA log in text format and FPL & SEL ( verbose mode ).
Pradeep_29
Frequent Advisor

lvol8 ->> /var is full.
If you follow these steps. I haven't tried but should work.

First get space in /var, remove or move crash dumps or any large files to other filesystem where you have space.

After First step is done,
on the other node halt the cluster service on failed node...cmhaltnode
then reboot the failed server using "shutdown -r now".

If you set the cluster to start after reboot it will start automatically or else run cmrunnode .

-Pradeep.
Seymour
Advisor

I've checked /var filesystem already. Filesystem is not full. But the fault indicator on the server still blinking. I'm posting log files from MP console.