Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPUX 10.20 Install

SOLVED
Go to solution
W_3
Occasional Visitor

HPUX 10.20 Install

I am installing HPUX 10.20 on a older hp 735 (was runnning for couple of years great)(test sytem). I have a cd rom connected and can boot up to the 10.20 cd with no problem. I previously had HPUX installed on and decided to try and learn to reinstall. So I booted up to the cd and selected install and it over wrote some files and had problems with others. Bottom line I would like to start from scratch, Is there a way to reformat the drive?? This is a test system. Thanks WJ
Thanks for your help
3 REPLIES
Wim Rombauts
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HPUX 10.20 Install

You shouldn't have to format the harddisk.
If you follow the installation procedure, there will be a point where the system creates a new filesystem on the harddisk. This erases everything that was already ont it, and that should be enough.
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Yes that's right. It pvcreates, vgcreates and lvcreates from scratch for you. Cool if you ask me...

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
W_3
Occasional Visitor

Thanks alot.
Thanks for your help