1748202 Members
3119 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPUX 11.31 DSF Maximum Size Storage Data

Premanand.B

HPUX 11.31 DSF Maximum Size Storage Data

HPUX 11.31 DSF supports Morethan 2 TB.
What is the Maximum Size Storage Data suppported by HPUX 11.31 DSF.
2 REPLIES 2

Re: HPUX 11.31 DSF Maximum Size Storage Data

These 11iv3 questions are coming up more and more! Let's just be clear about this:

11.31 (11iv3) has NOT been released by HP yet (another 4-5 weeks yet).

If you have a copy of it, then you have either a beta or a release candidate version.

As its not been released, no doubt you are still covered by non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) relating to this product.

Therefore you shouldn't be asking questions about it in open forums - and you almost definately won't get an answer as a) almost no-one has 11.31 yet, so won't know; and b) those that do have it should be sticking to their NDAs and shouldn't be posting data about it to the forums.

The fact that you have a copy off 11.31 implies your company has an excellent relationship with HP, and there will no doubt be a process in place for asking questions and getting support - I suggest you take that route.

I'm not saying it's right (certainly Sun seem to be a lot more open with pre-release versions of Solaris, but hey their open-source now, so pretty much have to), just that that's what your company will have signed up to, and you should stick to the rules.

HTH

DUncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
rick jones
Honored Contributor

Re: HPUX 11.31 DSF Maximum Size Storage Data

FWIW, while Sun may be more willing to have people run their internal builds (aka Solaris Express) do check the EULA rather closely - for the "released" bits and I suspect the Solaris Express bits too, there is a "Clause 5f" which basically states "though shalt not discuss any evaulation or benchmark of the software with anyone else unless we cay you can"

HP-UX on the other hand, isn't that open about internal builds (There is no HP Express, and the Early Access Program is I believe covered by an NDA), but near as I can tell, having asked several marketroids, released HP-UX bits do not come with such a limitation in the license.

Solaris and Open Solaris are two different beasts. Many but not all parts of Solaris were put into Open Solaris, and Solaris may take lots of stuff from Open Solaris, but while there is Open Solaris as an Open Source OS, Open Solaris is not the very same thing as Solaris. Near as I can tell anyway.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows