1753917 Members
7923 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPUX +GD +php-4.0.4pl1

JESSIKA_2
Occasional Contributor

HPUX +GD +php-4.0.4pl1

In my case, I have a HP-UX9000 version 11.00 where I installed the following files: .- B9415AA (Apache 1.3.19)(depot) .- Perl 5.005_3 (depot)} .- gd 1.8.4 (depot) .- libgd 1.8.4 (depot) All of them are working right, but I need to know: 1.- How to configure php-4.0.4pl1 with gd? , these php downloaded with B9415AA file and have no configure file. 2.- I?m working with jpgraph for making graphs when an example fiel is opened it shows the following error "Unknown function imagecreate". I can imagine, I need GD than provides the imagecreate function. 3.- Then I try to install GD-1.18 when I execute Perl Makefile.PL, shows the following errors: .-syntax error in file Makefile.PL at line 1, next 2 tokens "use ExtUtils" .-syntax error in file Makefile.PL at line 20, next 2 tokens "\MY:" I?ll give you Thanks for answering this 3 questions.
3 REPLIES 3
RikTytgat
Honored Contributor

Re: HPUX +GD +php-4.0.4pl1

Hi,

Create a file phpinfo.php with following contents:

--START-------
phpinfo();
?>
--END---------

and put it somewhere you can reach it on your www server.

Open your browser and load the URL. This shows you what GD support is compiled in the PHP on your system.

Bye,
Rik
John Poff
Honored Contributor

Hello Jessika,

1. Go to the PHP web site and download the PHP source. I understand that you loaded it via a depot, but this will give the the Configure file you are looking for.

2. There is an 'gdImageCreate' function in GD, so it seems that this jpgraph software needs that. Is the jpgraph program seeing the correct libraries for GD? What sort of beast is this jpgraph? Perl script? C code? Make sure that you have the libraries for GD in your library path.

3. I wouldn't go back to GD 1.18, especially since you seem to have GD 1.84 installed. I would suggest getting the first two items fixed, and perhaps that will take care of number 3. Besides, the only reason to use GD 1.18 is to create .GIF files, which everyone is moving away from due to the licensing issues.

JP
John Poff
Honored Contributor

Jessika,

I forgot to put in the URL for the PHP web site. Here it is:

http://www.php.net/index.php

JP