7451 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPUX and CFS

Sudeesh
Respected Contributor

HPUX and CFS

Hi All,
Some time back I heard HP is going to integrate Tru64 goodies into HPUX. Now I see HP is planning to support Veritas CFS. I have few questions related to this:

1. Which product HP is finally going to support and when it will be available?

2. Can you please tell me which one is the best veritas CFS or Tru64?

Thanks

Sudeesh
The most predictable thing in life is its unpredictability
5 REPLIES 5
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

Veritas volume manager is already available and given as an option to be installed instead of LVM on hpux. The talk was about scapping LVM alltogether and going with the VxVM but HP gave up on that idea along with giving up on integrating TruCluster into hpux in place of MC-SG.

What is better is a relative question as all products have their own upsides and downsides but one thing is sure: both LVM and MC-SG is proven and field tested for a long time and has a large customer base. They have to support them no matter what. That may be a reason why they gave up on that idea.

So, for the forseeable future, no Tru Cluster for hpux and LVM continues to live.

Any docs on how to configure Veritas Cluster Filesystem for Oracle RAC?

Sudeesh
Respected Contributor

melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

No docs are available yet as we have not yet released the product. This should be in the Septemebt/October timeframe
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Sudeesh
Respected Contributor

Thanks Melvyn

Sudeesh