6833 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Help for licensing

Qamar Alam
Advisor

Help for licensing

Hi all
My company bought the HP-Visualize B-2000 machine by a retailer(I recently joined the company) Now I want to install the ANSI-C by the cd's which came along with the workstation but it require codeword then I go to codeword request they (HP) ask me the customer ID which I haven't neither my company. Please tell me that how can I collect my customer ID?. Is it with the purchase of Machine or I should buy it from HP.
5 REPLIES 5
Rajesh SB
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help for licensing

Hi,

Normally, along with Server/Workstation HP supplies some documents like License. There you may find Customer ID.

Regards,
Rajesh
Qamar Alam
Advisor

My company has lost my that document. So how can I recollect the customer ID
Rajesh SB
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Contact HP Support center by providing the server details like Serial no.

Regards,
Rajesh
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

depends if the workstation has ever been registered with Hp really.

If it has then they can give it to you from the serial number of the machine

You also need to buy a lic for the Ansi-c if you want to use it. This will come with a Codeword request form and will have a customer ID on it.

If your company already has purchased this then in the past and misplaced it HP will give you the codeword you require.

Contact Hp at

http://licensing.hp.com/welcome.slm

They will be able to tell you what you are licenced to use on the system and inform you if you need to buy a licence.

Andy
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

Even if ANSI C is available on the application CD, this does not mean the previous owner bought it. HP bundles all sorts of stuff on their CDs but you need to buy the license to get the codeword to install them.

Unless you strictly need HP's ANSI compiler, why don't you consider installing GCC which is free.

Good luck