New Discussion юеВ

Re: Help me, please!! Power interruption caused LIF crash

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ashwani Kashyap
Honored Contributor

jewin ,
In the bootlif path verification menu , try giving the hardware path of the disk instead of the disk device file .
Jewin
Occasional Advisor

Hello professionals,

If LIF area crash is not easy to recover in this case, is there any possibility to extract data files from the disk?

We have two c3700 workstations here.
I can use the boot disk of another system, if it will be helpful.

Appreciate your help!
Dani Seely
Valued Contributor

Hey Jewin,
May be problem with boot disk. By chance, have you mirroed the boot disk? If yes, then boot from it.

I didn't see a response to a previous suggestion ... do you have an Ignite backup?Have you tried to restore from Ignite? Whether you have one or not, Ignite is your friend ... become familiar with it and use it regularly. You can skip the header and extract individual files or restore your entire system ... easily!

Also, check if you are booting through the right boot disk. If you are, then it sounds like the boot area is corrupt on the disk (basically the LIF is corrupted). You should try to boot from the recovery CD and repair the LIF. If this fails and you have an Ignite backup, you should restore from the backup.

Best of luck!
Together We Stand!
Jewin
Occasional Advisor

Hello dani,

I didn't make an ignite backup tape.
So, maybe it's already too late!

I already tried to rebuild LIF on boot disk;
but I got error message:
Not an HFS file system on /dev/dsk/c3t6d0

I use the hardware path 10/0/15/1.6.0
while I use CORE install media to rebuild LIF

So far, I could not solve the problem.
Ashwani Kashyap
Honored Contributor

Hello jewin ,

If you have exhausted all options , then I think a fresh install of the OS is the only way left .

If your data was on other disks and the failed disks only had OS on it , then there might be a change of recovering them .

If thats the case then go ahead and reinstall the os . Run ioscan to see all your disks .
Then run sam , go to disks and filesystems and then volume groups . Click on the action tab and then click on import .
THis will open up a new window , and what sam does here is scans each disk for VG Headers and presents bunch of disks with common VG headers , meaning all those disks were in one VG . Go ahead and import all those disks in one VG . SAM will automatically scan and recreated all the LV from the VGRA area . Repeat all the same for all the VG's .

After that all you ned to remember is where to mount those LV . YOu need to remeber the mount points . Hope fully you might have a hard copy somewhere , other wise trial and error .

Hope you are able to recover it without going through this .

BTW . Did you call HP support for this . May be they have a better solution .