5888 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to buy HP-UX 11.31 OS?

Yaboto
Super Advisor

How to buy HP-UX 11v3 OS ?

Hi,

I have been tasked by my sales team to submit part numbers of HP Unix OS that would be used to upgrage old version or to freshly install newer version on some integrity RX7640 servers (2 servers with 1 socket each / not under warrantty, not under any support contract for the past 7 years).

Looking at the customer existing OS, i proposed the followings:

HP-UX 11i v3 Base OE (BOE)

HP C/aC++ Developer's Bundle

The sales Team insist on getting part numbers or product numbers associated with the OS including related licenses.

Please help me provide the information for them.

Best regards,

Yaboto

2 REPLIES 2
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Re: How to buy HP-UX 11v3 OS ?

You'll need the help of an HP sales representative to get the numbers. While the definitions (HP-UX 11i v3 Base OE (BOE) and HP C/aC++ Developer's Bundle) are simple enough, you will find that there are many different product numbers and options with those descriptions that require a skilled sales rep to decipher. And since you have to buy the software licenses through an authorized dealer (which allows you to download the .iso images), going out to eBay or Craigslist will not be useful.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: How to buy HP-UX 11.31 OS?

>HP C/aC++ Developer's Bundle

See:

http://h21007.www2.hp.com/portal/site/dspp/menuitem.863c3e4cbcdc3f3515b49c108973a801/?ciid=e9083a7373f021103a7373f02110275d6e10RCRD

You also need to think about purchasing support for the products.